Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day Weekend

Good Morning!  This Labor Day Weekend we stayed in a cabin in the North Carolina mountains, just outside of West Jefferson.


I'm a beach girl myself, but I do love the mountains and I'm so thankful to live in a state where you can do both and decide for yourself ;o)

We made a few stops in Boone and Blowing Rock.  This is my redneck family in Blowing Rock, yes that is my child with no clothes on.  See.  What had happened was.  Is that. See.  We were in Boone first, it was hot, then it drizzled for a minute, then it was muggy, then the baby had a bottle.  And an explosion.  And I thought I packed extra clothes, so I took his dirty clothes off, to change him.  Of course.  I left the change of clothes {which I know you should always have, thanks perfect moms that have everything together, I know that already, stop telling me how to do things I already know} on the kitchen table.  So then it stopped raining and we decided to stop in Blowing Rock.  But had no clothes.  Ugh.  Why couldn't that happen in Boone where I saw multiple women waiting to eat lunch in restaurants that apparently don't require shoes?  That is a health hazard people.  And disgusting.  Unless you like hookworm.  They obviously wouldn't care about a baby wearing daddy, nekkid baby in tow.  Was that ugly?  It wasn't suppo'ed ta be.


Hey Whit, which do you like better, Boone or Blowing Rock?

Great finds in Boone-would you like to see?  Ok.


Melamine Platter


Blue Willow China



Just to name a few.

And then we went hiking.  I mean, you know not spelunking or whatever, just hiking trail for the non-avid mountaineer hiker but like the physical activity type people.






Ok one more, Whitten, look at the camera..

 
Great views. 
No there's not a baby in this carrier at the top of this rock. 



Pictures don't do justice-you should go see for ya'self!  Did you happen to take any travels?

No comments: