Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Yellow Fellow

We have a bonus room; since we have moved in it has actually been a holding room for things- because I need to decorate the rest of my house first.  

Now that my child is increasingly mobile, it's time to put this room to use.  Seriously.  With gates and padded walls and lead-free everything because Lawd knows he will attempt to consume anything.  Anything.

I'm not really a "yellow" kind of girl but recently we bought this rug...



For el cheapo and I'm thinking I want to pull the yellow {of which you can't really see} out of the rug for the walls.  Why?  Because I want my bedroom pink, my child's is already green and I will. not. will. not. be painting anything in my house beige.  And I cant just have every room the same color and yellow in a bonus room is a great thing, right?!  I had to convince myself through further research because sometimes yellow can just be so...yellow.  And late '90's-early two thou's.
{Think William Sonoma Yellow and Pale Blue Overload circa my high school experience}

{via}


{via}

{via}

{via}

{via}

You already know I'm operating with champagne taste on a beer guzzling budget.  I have to work with what I have.  What do I have, you ask?  A gold/brown sofa, this aforementioned small area rug, and an oddly shaped bonus room of which I have no clue how to decorate.

On another related note: I found this beaut at a thrift I'd never visited until this week...


I love worn leather; this is a recliner.  Think: I could care less about recliners because they are unattractive however I do want my husband to love me forever because I will never find another person to tolerate my -isms the way he does.  This is a happy medium, eh? 

I'm just anxious about all this washed out washy washers ...light brown, light yellow, mellowed out area rug.  My go-to answer is a pop of pink.


No comments: