Saturday, September 7, 2013

Ensalada

I don't know why I keep running into this on pinterest and instagram but I fixed this salad last weekend and it seems as though everyone else I hold near and dear to my heart did as well.
I was extremely proud of myself despite the minimal effort it took so I figured I'd also share with you my
BLT Salad.



There you have it.  Kind of self explanatory.
 
I don't think you need a recipe for reference for obvious reasons.  However I will say it calls for a buttermilk ranch dressing that I strongly encourage you to decline and opt for a greek yogurt dressing made at home by yourself or yours truly instead-it's so delish and much more nutrish and I'm really big on minimizing the processed foods in the general public.  So there's my philanthropic post for the day.
 
Greek Yogurt Herbed Salad Dressing
  • 1 T extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 T fresh lemon juice
  • 1 small garlic clove, finely minced
  • 2 T chopped chives
  • 2 T chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
  •  
     
    **I added white wine vinegar to mine.  Josh thought it was ranch.  I'm not saying.  I'm just saying.**
    

    No comments: