Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Past 10 Days.

Lately I have been feeling a bit under the weather (OK the past 10 days but who's counting?)  Here are some of the things I in which I have dabbled, in hopes to lift myself out of this funk.  Which happens to actually require an albuterol nebulizer, antibiotic and Robitussin with codeine.
I'm quite holistic.








And might I mention a bit of personal insight?  I had a baby in February of this year, and my current employer  does not offer maternity leave, therefore I filed for a Family Medical Leave of Absence {FMLA} to have my baby, thus saving 5 weeks of sick and vacation time prior to having my child.  I used this paid time off,  filed for 2 weeks of short term disability pay, and then took the remainder of the 3 months of my maternity leave unpaid.  I do not have the option to be sick as I have exhausted my paid sick time, as well as vacation time, {and no, in case you were wondering having a child does not constitute as sick nor is it a vacation, as evidenced by...}so yes I will be at work, and no I will not take time off unpaid, and no I will not use the 8 hours of vacation I have finally earned back over the past 8 1/2 months back at work {yes my vacation bank did go in the negatives.}

I do not say this to complain, I work for a fabulous company.  I say this because I know I am not the only woman who has found herself in a similar situation.  You mention this as a problem and you are likely to be perceived as a difficult, whining, "mom."  You pretend like you don't feel slightly slighted and you're a pushover of a woman.  You act like you don't feel sick, and go to work while sounding like a raspy man and you're the rude nasty girl who doesn't mid spreading her germs amongst the office. 

But once again, we will put on our big girl panties and deal with it.

No comments: