Thursday, April 11, 2013

A Rock and A Hard Place.

 
 
So I have a personal qualm with Charlotte's so please don't view this in any way as support, advertisement, allegiance, etc.  In my opinion the associates can be rude (unless you enter the store with a man, not kidding, I lived aka shopped in Cameron Village for enough time to notice the trends of the sales associates).  Not to mention the owner is not always known amongst her minions for being exactly a woman of character. 

Yes I said that and yes she does breed and encourage catty and unsupportive behavior amongst her young learning growing female employees which I will never even pretend to tolerate or turn a blind eye towards.  And yes I do know that for a fact.   FURTHERMORE-her behavior is only indicative of her age, this is note the 80's, ladies.  Women do not have to undermine each other in the workplace to get ahead anymore.  Read a book sugar, we are millennials-we support each other.

As a young learning growing professional female working in primarily female employed environments I feel it is my place to say that this is just not acceptable behavior to foster in the workplace.  Or any place for that matter.  If you want more schooling in this department, please let me know I'll be more than happy to impose my opinions upon you further.
 
Anywho.  Somehow I received this notice in my email inbox, I do believe because my husband has made purchases for me at this store and submit my email address for notices (Heaven forbid they send you sale coupons and you go in to actually use them).  The ladies are trained to look at you as though you are eating food out of the sewer should you present the coupon THEY MAILED TO YOU at the register, because not actually ANYTHING in the store is applicable towards discounts unless they put a computer printed piece of paper in an ornate frame on the display table of their choice.
 
Either way the point is.
 
I HATE THAT I WANT TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS SALE BECAUSE I LOVE MONOGRAMMING AND SANDALS  AND SUMMER AND MONOGRAMMED SANDALS IN THE SUMMER AND I WANT THEM SO BAD AND I HATE TO TAKE STANDS ON THESE SORTS OF THINGS AND THEN THEY LURE ME IN WITH THEIR ADORABLE  PRODUCTS.
 
So Charlotte's: My charge to you is this:  Act right and get with the times, because your gifts are on point.  And you may or may not see me today April 11th to purchase these obnoxious over the top monogrammed sandals, no doubt if I have to remind the sales associate that her $160 over priced sandals are in fact a whopping break the bank 15% off she'll snarl her cute little nose up at me as though she can actually afford the products in the store without her employee discount on her Charlotte's salary.  Sugar don't do that it's so unbecoming.
 
I'm only saying what everyone else is thinking.
I think.
 
 
 

No comments: