Thursday, October 3, 2013

Guilt

I have this guilt that we don't "do" and "go" enough.  Then I go through my pictures and feel like we "go" and "do" plenty.  Do you do this?  I mean feel guilty, like you're missing out, you're not doing enough, you're not experiencing enough, you're not trying enough?  You're not living life to the absolute fullest full potential and surely there's something you're missing out on something...?  Too honest of me?  Too transparent?
 
Well how about this for transparency: We went to Josh's parents' house for the weekend.  Which is wonderful.  Riding in the car with an 18 month old for 2 1/2 hours on a Friday afternoon and then again on a Sunday afternoon, is no wonderful.  People without small children.  Do not understand these things. 
 
I told you that story to tell you this one:  We ran out of traveling toddler snacks {People without small children do not understand these things.} To keep the baby from screaming.  Because he was hot and strapped down in a claustrophobic seat and bored out of his mind and hungry.   Josh found the last thing left in the car.  That an individual with only 6 teeth can only eat with assistance.
 
 



Can you tell what's happening here?  Missing out on life, are you kidding me?  This is living it up, honey.

No comments: